Tuesday 17 July 2007

TESTING.... TESTING...1..2..3

Hello world?!?!

Currently really busy so not be able to work on the series of mini articles I have had planned for a few motnhs now. Currently though I am more absorbed in the actual act of painting. Having had a self imposed painting break for the last two years I am more concerned with the paitnigns themsleves than any surroudnign ideologies. Even in these first few studies I have realised that my practise, whilst rusty, has progressed further during this break than it ever has before. I shall get around to getting something written soon and upload it as soon as I have. There are a large range of things (pretensions?) I feel a need to get off my chest to allow me to stop obsessing over them.

As the header of this blog implies this is a site for myself and Andy to discuss our artwork, the history of painting and surrounding issues which impact upon our practise. I think it is important to keep an open dialogue between word and image in the development of my practise. At this very early stage in my work I find the two are not as close as I would like.

No comments: