Wednesday 12 December 2007

What is the most neutral way to view work?

I like the Kettles Yard aesthetic, where we can sit down, flick through books. The browse again, then have a sit, then browse again. It all feels very natural.



Studio enviroment
I like the idea of my work being in a space where [perhaps people could spend a good deal of time. Perhapsa sit and have a coffee (not in a shop as such), listen to some music, have some sofas or chairs which they could position in front of paintings to spend a bit of time. Perhaps have a load of related material around, book collections of the artist, music collection. I don't know how this could work without it feeling contrived. I suppose the best way is to have an artists studio where occasionally he presents a load of work for viewing but also leaves the space pretty much as it nomrally would be. Fuck knows, the current situation just feels a bit false though. ARGHHHHHHHHHHHH

No comments: