Friday 19 October 2007

Compositional worries




Cider man! I need osme advise on which comp to use for the sinner piece you like. The one you saw was obviously square, but here are three options. I wont say anything on them as I want an objective view from you. Can just be a gut reaction. Have uploaded a close up of the putti figure as well. Do you like the idea of him having something dropping form his hand? I thought it gives him a sense of being a protagonist of grand proportions. As if the very dropping of an object will spawn (current fav word I think) a whole world of events.

Have also uploaded the Adam/Apollo reaching for the fruit of Daphne and Eve sketch. See what you think.

When do you think you will have the new picture up? Really keen to see it now.

Thanks for the ideas on the lectures. Much appreciated. I am worried, though, that too many of mine are going to go towards painting. i think I need to make sure I give them a wide understanding of all aspects. Will mull it over during half term. Will probs run some ideas past too.

Right. Im off to get on with some of this painting. Got two new Danae ones on the go which are becoming interesting.

No comments: