Wednesday 17 October 2007

echo of an echo

Andy, many thanks. Some excellent advise. I shall take it on board and plough forwards.

I am truly excited about your new work. It sounds like a brilliant realisation. As you say, one arrived at through an organic and logical process, not the search for gimmicry. True invention and originality always arrives that way, I am sure. It lasts, it holds, it engages, rather than merely providing a chuckle or a raised eyebrow. I can honestly say i cant wait to see the painting. I was so impressed with the most recent work that I have been eagerly awaiting the new batch ever since. I think your making strieds, genuine realisations and movements forward. You seem to be working with rigour and a clear head.

Right. Going to try get a load of painting done on friday. i am really loving the lecturing and tutoring but it does eat away at the time I have to paint. Need to get this whole life balance thing sorted and then I will be fine. I cant see why they cant all be kept going together, and feed into rather than distract from, each other. Time, as always, will eventually tell. At the moment, however, it is bieng surprisingly quiet.


Did you get a chacne to look at the second lefcture? Got a few ideas to run past you for future ones. Really want to tackle the notion of representation today, but it could be too vast. Might need splitting into different genres. Painting, sculpture and other perhaps.

Christ knows. Anyway, must dash. Need sleep and a clear head before delivery of semiotic waffle.

ps Any thoughts on the photoshop sketch of the sinner and putti?

No comments: